Preen.Me was looking to build a responsive web application using modern frameworks and technologies that would provide an environment to assist users in making beauty decisions and to serve as a social hub for digital beauty content.
Having met Intersog at a huge IT trade show in Tel Aviv, Preen.Me further evaluated our experience, offshore capabilities, and technology expertise and eventually chose Intersog as their main software development partner.
- Intersog’s HR consultants performed initial candidates screening and submitted the best matching applicants to Product Owners for interview and assessment.
- Having got the Client’s approval for hiring, Intersog built a Collaborative Software Development team for Preen.Me in our Kyiv-based R&D Center. The team was comprised of a Project Manager and a Python developer.
- Additional resources were added to the team on a temporary basis upon request throughout the project.
It took Intersog-hosted team 4 months to deliver a full-fledged responsive web solution for Preen.Me.
Python - primary web application coding
Java - product import
Ruby - Amazon web search
Shell script - build / dev
Preen.Me primarily uses Angular.js on the client-side, although some legacy components also make extensive use of jQuery.
Key web app’s features and functions:
- Assistance in purchasing a beauty product
- Search for beauty recommendations
- Browsing beauty trends
- Exploring or filtering content with a specific goal, such as finding inspiration
- Sharing user-generated beauty content with others, often with the hope of going "viral"
- Discovering talent within the online beauty community
- Talking and networking with other beauty lovers
- Watching, reading, and following tutorials for beauty
- Learning and discovering beauty tips and techniques
- All reporting is done through Google BigQuery, Map/Reduce, Excel.
Visit Preen.Me at https://www.preen.me