CDW was aiming to build a B2B mobility solution for their in-house and external sales agents. The main idea of the app was to enhance their staff-client communication and empower the company’s representatives with greater flexibility by allowing them to smoothly access and leverage client data even when they were on leave.
CDW already had an in-house development team and wanted to extend it with Intersog’s software engineering, quality assurance, and interface design specialists.
The team decided to build a hybrid application. The key reason for such a solution was compatibility with a plethora of modern smartphones. Such an app would provide all of the necessary functionality without doubling the time and financial expenses that would be required if we developed separate native apps. This decision has also allowed collaboration between CDW and Intersog to advance the project timeline and outperform the delivery plan.
The solution was presented initially to a test audience who were asked to provide feedback before the app became available to all employees.
- On login, the app identifies the user and generates an individual client list;
- A company’s representative can filter it to get specific contacts, orders or quotes and detailed information regarding them;
- The app gives access to read-only data to facilitate customer service while allowing the representative to be more flexible;
- The clients' telephone numbers and email addresses are transformed into hotlinks to make contacting them easier;
- The sales reps can study their own orders/quotes or select another person as a filter. This allows them to delegate duties and keep client service as the highest priority.